At Frankie Cameron, we are passionate about giving back! Because of this, we proudly donate a portion of every single bag sold to Project Night Night, an award-winning Bay Area-based nonprofit organization that equips children ages 0-12 living in homeless and low-income situations with the essentials they need to be ready to learn, to feel less stressed, and to be reminded of their value. While meeting the immediate needs of disadvantaged children, Project Night Night also sets a foundation for lasting change by providing meaningful, hands-on volunteer opportunities to hundreds of individuals and organizations each year.
A little more about Project Night Night
What's a Night Night Package? Each Night Night Package contains a blanket, a book and a stuffed animal, all in a special tote bag. Each bag is designed to be age appropriate, up to pre-teen boys and girls. Night Night Packages are tailor-made to give homeless and underserved children familiar objects of comfort to reduce stress and to strengthen the trust bond between the caregiver (the shelter) and the recipient (the child). In addition, Project Night Night places 35,000 new books into the hands of children every year. Children’s book distribution programs such as Project Night Night's were created to provide greater access to high-quality, age-appropriate reading materials for children from low-income homes as one effort to address the achievement gap. Project Night Night strives to give children something they can call their own, something that can give them that little bit of comfort, and confidence, to deal with what's in front of them.
- 35,000 Night Night Packages are donated each year to homeless children
- 35,000 children’s books annually reach children in need
- 10,000 volunteers each year donate their time and efforts to assist Project Night Night
- 2016 Top-Rated Nonprofit from Great Nonprofits
- 2015 Top-Rated Nonprofit from Great Nonprofits
- 2014 A-List Award Runner-Up for Best Bay Area Charity
- 2014 Tea Collection Inspiring Mom Winner for founder Kendra Robins
- 2013 A-List Award Winner for Best Bay Area Charity
- 2011 Classic Woman Award from Traditional Home Magazine
- 2010 Top 25 children's charities in the country, Babble.com
- 2010 "A Charity You Love" by 7x7 Magazine
- 2009 People Magazine and MLB "All Star Among Us"
- 2009 "Most Awww-Inspiring Charity" by San Francisco Bay Guardian
- 2006 "Best Children's Charity" by San Francisco Magazine.
To learn more about Project Night Night click here.